Welcome to our family site!

Welcome to our family site!
We wanted one place where we could keep everyone near and far informed about what is going on with our family.
We will post pictures and updates so those who are interested can see what we are up to.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jeff's Big 4-0

Jeff turned 40 this year and the party girl in me just couldn't let that milestone go by without some major hoopla. I decided to plan a surprise party and in honor of Jeff's roots I chose the theme of YO PHILLY!

It was so much fun, trying to keep it a surprise and do everything on the sly about killed me.I literally almost killed Jeff the day of the party, he was supposed to leave the house at 1 p.m. giving me 6 hours for set up but decided not to leave until 5 p.m. AAAAH. Luckily, with lots of help, I pulled it together and we had a great party.

It was so fun to see Jeff surrounded by friends, family and all his Philly Favorites!
This banner designed by our friend Paul Munda was perfect!
40 years of Jeff, all in pictures - this was my favorite party detail .
 Thank you to Auntie Elena for your help hanging pictures while P and L asked every two seconds, "what are you doin'"

I collected shirts from all the Philly Sports teams as well as every school Jeff went to elementary - Phd

I made postcard banners from Philly postcards my Seester sent me, Thanks Alicia!!

The Philly Table included Philly playing cards and Flyers Tickets.
A big THANKS to my Mom who helped so much with all the food and prep.

You can't have a Philly party without cheesesteaks! We got them from Phat Philly in San Francisco, they fly their rolls in straight from Philadelphia and are Jeff's favorite.

Our own version of the Philly Wing Bowl

I saw some centerpieces on pinterest with suckers that said 40 sucks, well forget that,
I used rock candy because 40 Rocks!

Cannolis and in the background Water ice!

Thanks to my brother Casey and S-I-L Janine for shipping us lots of Jeff's favorite Philly Tastykakes


For party favors we made boxes with Philadelphia Cream Cheese Labels

Inside the boxes were liberty bell cookies we made that even included a little cream cheese in the recipe. Thank you SO much to Melonie and Auntie for all your help with these. We did everything at Melonie's house so Jeff wouldn't catch on :)

Every guest was given the name of a Famous Philadelphian on their back
and had to ask others yes/no questions until they guessed who it was.

1972 Poster I made with Jeff's baby picture on top

I made a poster out of the real newspaper clippings from when Jeff was kidnapped at 4 months old.
It is still hard to believe that actually happened to him.

I made this poster of Jeff's high school days, his Alma Mater was so helpful scanning pictures from all his yearbooks.

This is Peyton entertaining the crowd with his dance moves while we wait for Jeff to arrive.
He was thrilled to be up so late!

Peyton and Cousin Carmen were on look out duty
The birthday boy arrives and was REALLY surprised!!
Thanks to Uncle Gary for being in on it and taking him to a movie.
Everything is sinking in

What a great crowd, look at Liam in Jane's arms, he loves the idea of SURPRISE
Peyton in his My Dad is 40 shirt

Liam rocking is My Dad is 40 shirt and a 40 balloon

Jeff and sweet Ishani

We made a WaWa coffee bar, I think Jeff misses WaWa more than anything else from Philly so he was beyond thrilled. Thanks to my sister sweet talking a WaWa manager, we had authentic WaWa cups, sugars, coffee, signs from the store...The Works!

Jeff and his work buddies rocking his '72 shirt

Jeff's brother Keith flew in all the way from Philadelphia for the weekend to celebrate. It was SO NICE of him and really made the party even more special. Of course I put him to work, he brought Philly Soft pretzels with him and went into SF to pick up the cheesesteaks...Thanks Keith!

I was so happy that Jeff loved his party, it was a blast!

1 comment:

© The Sink Family Blog. Powered by