Welcome to our family site!

Welcome to our family site!
We wanted one place where we could keep everyone near and far informed about what is going on with our family.
We will post pictures and updates so those who are interested can see what we are up to.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2 years, 3 months!

Our sweet crazy boys have lots of funny adventures. No one is ever bored in our house because P & L are always entertaining. Here are some of the things our favorite duo has been up to lately.

I had an early meeting for work one day so Jeff had to take the boys to school. I got a text message around 8:30am that said, "I took the boys to school looking like a 1950s Doo Wop Group." Of course I was like "what are you talking about" but it turns out the back story is that while Jeff was getting himself ready for work the boys got their hands on some Vaseline which they apparently mistook for hair gel. Jeff didn't think to put them in the bath and wash it out, he just sent them to school that way. When I picked them up their teacher was like "so...." I told her it was Vaseline and she laughed saying that when she asked the morning teacher what was up all she said was 'I don't know exactly but their Dad dropped them off", that was explanation enough for the preschool teachers :)

Poor Jeff on top of the Vaseline incident he had to deal with Peyton accusing him of murder. Usually I give the boys a bath but Jeff kindly took over one night last week to give me a break. Well there was a spider trying to crawl in the tub so without a thought Jeff squashed it. Peyton looks at him and in the saddest voice known to man said "Itsy Bitsy." I heard all of this and came running in and trying to save severe psychological trauma I said, "No, that wasn't Itsy Bitsy, it was just a normal spider." Peyton wasn't buying it, he didn't cry or scream but sat down in the tub and just very quietly again said, "Itsy Bitsy."

The boys are really good at shape recognition and everywhere we go they love pointing out circles or squares. They really like finding hearts and diamonds. When we do the Itsy Bitsy Spider song (when they aren't mourning his demise) they yell out diamond diamond as we do the motions for climbed up the water spout with our fingers. They also like it when we put our hands on our heads (in the M from YMCA motion) and they say heart heart.

I don't know where they got the idea, maybe it was at school but both of the boys love trying to do splits (they do the straddle version), what is funny is that they usually start attempting this after their bath when they are wearing feety pajamas and it is impossible for them to get their legs wide enough apart so they usually just fall over trying and think it is funny.

Liam can now officially do real somersaults, they have been trying for like a year now but before we had to push them over. He may turn out to be a gymnast yet, he has great form and even points his toes.

We had our third dentist appointment this month and the boys felt like big shots because they get to start using toothpaste and flossing. The dentist let them pick out any toothbrush they wanted, Liam chose a car one and Peyton chose a bright pink Princess Ariel brush (he takes after his Dad apparently, for those of you who know Jeff's affinity for the Little Mermaid). Liam teased him about his Princess choice right there on the spot he said, "Princess" in a sarcastic voice making a face but Peyton was undeterred and simply said, "My Princess." I say he can have anything Princess he wants :)

Both boys have now officially used the potty...woo hoo! We are going to start full on potty training in a couple weeks. The Easter Bunny will be bringing some Big Boy Undies.

The boys were little terrors last weekend at nap time. Peyton thinks it is fun to throw all of his blankets out of the crib then take off all his clothes and recently his diaper, then he cries out that he is cold. Liam isn't in to being cold so he leaves his clothes on but takes off his diaper. I am not sure, if he takes his pants off, then the diaper then puts his pants back on or what but he likes to rebel without suffering any temperature discomfort.

Of course Liam isn't shy either. I was going through clothes the boys have outgrown in our shed, where we also have an extra little potty we have been meaning to take to Grandma's. I turned around and there was Liam pants off, diaper off sitting on the little potty in the shed.

Again, now they have mastered taking off their own diapers and clearly know what the little potty is for, it is time to get rid of the diapers.



They love hanging out in one crib to play


The boys love getting Jeff to go on the rolling slide with them

Liam is the master of this ladder

Liam going down the slide but not spilling a drop of milk

Smiley Liam

Liam got yelled at by a little girl who was probably 6 that told him this leaf ladder was NOT for babies. He didn't say a word just climbed up it and over her.

Peyton LOVES it when Jeff plays the stop them half way down the slide game

Look at those baby blues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Sink Family Blog. Powered by